The NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul group of companies is working hard to address the many challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to our business throughout North America as well as the impact it has had on our many employees, partners, and valued customers. We are committed to minimizing any risk of exposure to the virus and we are taking steps to both protect our employees while continuing to maintain operations to meet customer needs.
Our transport and crane services have been deemed as Essential Services by governmental authorities so we will continue to provide services to our customers while taking precautions to keep everyone safe.
At this time, we can confirm that NCSG is taking the following steps:
- Following local government and health official recommendations and instructions as they are released.
- Providing consistent internal messaging and tips to employees to help stop the spread of the virus both at work and in the community.
- Cancelling all non-essential business travel, including to sites and other branches.
- Requiring all employees who have travelled out of the country and have returned (from March 13 moving forward) to self-isolate for 14 days. Prior to March 13, self-isolation was required for anyone who travelled to a country designated as a COVID-19 hotspot and for those that travelled elsewhere but were experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Requiring employees who have reason to believe they been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Requiring that employees not to come into work if they are feeling sick or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Reinforcing proper social distancing measures by requiring 2-metre physical distances from each other as much as possible, limiting interactions such as face-to-face meetings and employee gatherings, and limiting passengers and positions in vehicles to ensure proper safeguards for our workers travelling to and from the job site.
- Increasing/enhancing cleaning and disinfectant measures for our locations and equipment.
- Directing our employees to follow the specific requirements of our customers when requested to visit or work at their sites.
We are currently working through mitigation plans for our field operations as the real possibility of absences increases. Also, camp/accommodation and rotational plans for non-local field personnel on projects are being assessed on a daily basis. The plan is fluid as the requirements of our customers continue to change as well. The safety and health of our employees and those we work with are paramount.
NCSG employees have been asked to defer all customer/partner questions regarding our operational plans and capabilities to their respective Managers. Alternatively, customers can address specific concerns, questions, or notices to NCSG’s Contract Department.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to address this evolving situation.